Saturday, January 27, 2007

Taproot!

It's sort of like church. You know, a long service punctuated by singing. If it helps you go ahead and stand up for the songs. I think I've got 3 (maybe 4) left on this theme.

Since the new year I’ve sort of discovered Taproot. Yesterday I dug into their lyrics to see if there might be something there that was making me like them. Wow. I had no idea.
Comeback

With my eyes closed I propose a toast,
To myself to find the time to ask my Lord and galaxy
To point me in the right direction,
I got my foot in the door,
I gotta keep on writin' and stay planted to this world,
Before I can take off

So I pray,
And wait for a sign from my guides,
They help me proceed as I lay,
And dream of my future,
I miss those times

I

I’m seeing tunnel vision in a world that's dark and cold,
I cannot believe how much I've changed since the days of old,
I know, it's temporary but I need to focus straight,
I cannot believe I lost control of my fate,

I need forgiveness from the people I truly care about,
I need support behind my back to help me spit it out
I am gonna win, I can't afford to blow this one,
I hate myself sometimes,
I love myself,
I need this way of life because it holds me.

Myself

If life was a game could I win in the end
And if I was sane, would I kcuf it up all over again
These questions and answers can help me redefine myself
And I thank your open ears for all their help

no more shame
is what I see for myself
I need to change for my health
I need a better way of life for myself

if I stay the same how long will I last
yet if I change will I still just be alone and typecast
professional answers cant help me to design myself
so I thank your open arms for all their help

Poem

Overbearing panic attack entrenching my veins
In an hour I'll be okay
I pray this pain will go away permanently someday
I've seen more than
I should have to
I've seen this on my own

This song is a poem to myself
It helps me to live
In case of fire, break the glass
And move on into your own, your own

2 comments:

peddlinshutterbug said...

that is an amazing piece. I have a friend who will benefit from it. I'm sending it to them right away. God does have a perfect sense of timing....

mytzpyk said...

Well you might as well point your friend to Jonah chapter 2 as well. These lyrics and that chapter are surprisingly similar.