Monday, May 23, 2005

Monday Task Complete

The plan is in place. I've got 3 options to and from work. All options require a "short" ride to the first stop. Options 2 & 3 require "portages" to connect to other routes. Option 1 takes me right to my work door, option 3 requires much more riding so it's unlikely I'll use that one.

I spent 4 to 5 hours today getting creative to come up with the routes. It was difficult work and required quite a lot of knowledge of roads. Dare I say that's a pretty steep entry barrier for most people.

Catching the bus will be nice. I have a 20 minute window at a single intersection to catch a bus for option 1 & 2, whichever comes first. The big danger is I'll forget I have to portage on option 2 and I'll get stuck in the rain some day.

I'm not sure I'll be able to practice tomorrow or not. The catch times are a little too early for dropping a kid off. I have to consult with the wife before I can make a decision.

Two days until my experiment goes live.

No comments: