Saturday, January 10, 2009

B&G4C&D

The Hooterville Mayor...

...will ride for biscuits.

If zero degrees is considered cold, it was cold. I made a rookie dressing error. I put my wicking layer on inside out. All the moisture in the air got sucked into my body. That helped keep the others dry.

We rode our bikes so you could park your Hummer by the front door.

The bike - 25lbs, with winter get-up - 35lbs, with snow - priceless.

Somebody check, I think Snakebite's bed is warmer than it used to be.

Actually, if I have ridden to work in this mess all week long the idea of doing it recereationally would lose some appeal to me. See you tomorrow SB!

Ride long, hard and cold.

Today's ride podcast of choice was This I Believe's "Pathways of Desire." There was a little bit of urban design and a whole lot of minus is the new plus in there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful morning for a ride! I ended up with just over 15 miles, and a big grin!

DIRK said...

I thought about riding, but went bowling instead... Maybe next time, I'll meet the Mayor at Pasley Park before the ride.

SD_pedalpower said...

How about posting your pit stop destinations to encourage that face to face socializing I've heard about. Some may not want to ride this time of the year but still may want to talk.

mytzpyk said...

That seems possible SD.

Snakebite said...

You are correct, the bed was warm, it was cold, stayed up too late, etc, etc, etc. Oh, and the locusts were THICK!

Road Legs said...

I love the I believe stories on NPR