Monday, November 09, 2009

091109 Transportation Donut

First, The Dad celebrated 4,000 bike miles this week.

It was a pretty good week. I’m particularly happy with the walking part. The Boy 11 says I didn’t walk much. I said if I walked enough to match the other sections I’d still be walking.



I’m a little surprised that it’s been so long since I’ve posted. I’m a little busy right now with actual projects with actual people.

I’ve had conversations with a health department in Lincoln, NE, a health department in South Dakota, and the Community Education program in Sioux Falls. All of these were about my involvment in the LAB Bike Ed curriculum.

I attended our Planning Commission meeting and spoke favorably about the Shape Sioux Falls 2035 Comprehensive Plan. Their approval was a necessary stop as it makes it’s way to the City Council.

The Falls Area Singletrack project took a very significant step forward this week.

I'm transitioning from my 3-year stint as treasurer of FAB to FAB Webdude.

The MinusCar Project has a something in development too.

Plenty of potential for stories to come.

7 comments:

bigH said...

That is a lot of bike miles for a week. Maybe it took all year.

mytzpyk said...

The dad celebrated 4,000 bike miles for the year, this week?

Snakebite said...

FAB web dude?

mytzpyk said...

FAB webmaster?

Snakebite said...

How about FAB Web Lackey?

mytzpyk said...

tomato potato.

Charisa said...

4000 is pretty awesome!