Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Dear Xtra, Thanks For Yesterday

Left side - work clothes, exercise clothes
Right side - work shoes
Messenger bag - laptop, power converter

I made good use of the Xtra Cycle today. I love it! It definitely has more stability over the BOB Trailer. The bags are more versatile. The paper work slid nicely into the pocket and kept just as nicely. Having ridden a Big Dummy I also appreciate that the bike fit is exactly the same as it was before adding the kit to the back. I don't mess around too much with bike fit.

I carried the laptop on my back knowing the ride there has most of the natural shock absorption my brain has.

20 miles today. Some of it pretty windy. Some of it included mashed potato pizza at Monk's. Some of it included night riding. Yes, The Wife let me stay out late with it.

I think this is the beginning of a long meaningful relationship.

6 comments:

Snakebite said...

A cheap small pillow from Kay or Wall - Mart, and you can ditch the messenger bag. Get your "McGyver" going.

Riding an xtra or big dummy while wearing a messenger bag or backpack is the equivalent to wearing suspenders and a belt.

;-)

SD_pedalpower said...

Right on!

mytzpyk said...

I dunno Snakepants - I'm not sure I trust the laptop back there.

I agree with the suspenders and belt thing - except there's still so many empty SUV's on the road I don't see how I could possibly be the one that should feel stupid.

Snakebite said...

You're getting an SUV?!?

Bald-n-Surly said...

When are we having our long schlong rally?

SiouxGeonz said...

I generally wear my laptop on my back, too, for the same reason. My backpack also has a laptop sleeve with extra padding. That, and it's harder to forget something if you are wearing it.
My really big nasty laptop that won't fit into my backpack, though, has to get wrapped in something and put in a bag. But I'm inspired to get my MacGyver going and have a pre-lined bag...