Friday, June 14, 2013

A Tale of Two Walgreens

Just rode through the Walgreens Rx drive-thru with the family to pick up a prescription. When the transaction was complete the pharmacist wanted to add another comment.

Considering the spectacle of four people on bikes at the pharmacy drive-thru window I steeled myself for what I thought would be the inevitable "please don't bike in our drive up."

Instead he offered - next time you bike through you can push that button to call us. Our sensor only detects cars.

"41st and Louise says don't bike in their drive thru", I said.

"I don't care about them", he said.

"Neither do I." I'm a big fan of my neighborhood Walgreens.

1 comment:

Art Holden said...

I've biked through the 57th and cliff Walgreens drive thru a couple of times and have always had pleasant experiences. One pharmacist was even lamenting the fact that she hasn't had much time to ride her own bike yet this year.

Too bad about the Louise store.