…cue low voiced movie trailer man…
In a world where gas prices skyrocket making national touring entertainment far too expensive to be feasible and making traveling far distances to find entertainment unlikely…
In a world where the value of a dollar is so low that giving it away becomes more cost effective than handling actual money…
In a world with problems so large that when the television (when it works) isn’t clogged with politicians talking about gas prices and the value of the dollar it’s clogged with people talking about politicians talking about gas prices and the value of the dollar…
Entertainment will occur locally by small bands of actors. Small groups of spectators will gather in the ruins of the great buildings. They will sit on makeshift seating made from scrap metal. The actors will perform their favorite scenes from plays long forgotten.
The air conditioner will be off.
And when it’s over, they will travel under their own power, some great distances, to enjoy fermented beverages and each other.
The future is Friday.
MinusCar and Snakebite invite you dear reader of Sioux Falls Bike Blogs to an evening of fine entertainment, bike riding, and conversation.
Friday. July 11.
The Bare Bodkins Shakespearience – a presentation of 20 select Shakespeare scenes in 90 minutes.
- 6 to 6:15 – get your FREE ticket at the gate to the Queen Bee Mill. The earlier the better.
- 6:15 to 6:30 – have you eaten since lunch? Get something at the scenic Falls Overlook Café.
- 6:30 to 7 – find a place to sit on the bleachers. The sun sets first on those who choose wisely and quickly.
- 7 to 8:30 – enjoy the Shakespearience.
The Ride - travel great distance for great conversation and great beverages.
- 8:30 to 10 – we’ll forego the half-mile trip to Monk’s House of Ale Repute and instead travel there by way of the airport and Yankton Trail Park.
- Bring your fore and aft lightage.
- Bring your knoggin protection.
Monk’s House of Ale Repute
- 10 to 12 – I’ve heard the tales. I’ve seen the venue. I haven’t yet enjoyed the experience. Friday fixes that. Come listen politely as Snakebite regales us with tales of his recent travels to the Southwest; the highs of the Colorado Mountains and the lows of the Utah Desert.
To Sleep, Perchance to Dream
- 11:59pm – Disperse. Sleep, the death of each day's life. Make your bed and then lay in it. Enjoy a small slice of death.
FAB’s Saturday Coffee & Doughnut Ride
- 8am to 10am – meet at O’Gorman. Destination Queen City Bakery. Route TBD, except that it won’t be the direct one.