Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Weekend Bike Events: So Much To Do So Little Time

This weekend is shaping up to be HUGE for people who ride bikes in Sioux Falls. Or maybe just me. Meh.

Saturday The Boy 13 and I are slated to sweep the 10K Avera Race Against Breast Cancer. Once upon a time - January - I was thinking I'd run the 5K race. HAHAHAHA!!! This seems more fun. We get t-shirts too! I wear my PINK PROUDLY.

While I'm doing that I won't be attending the first Falls Area Singletrack Leaders Park digging session of 2011. That's from 9 to 12.

Saturday is also the Falls Area Bicyclist's Spring Kickoff Ride and meeting. This is in Tea. I'm trying to get on their agenda to tell them about Adventure Cycling's US Bike Route System fundraising push. Build It. Bike It. Be a Part of It. Mr Bite's heading up South Dakota's Routes and the South Dakota Bicycle Coalition is working to help raise funds.

Speaking of that, if you've got $10 charitable dollars to donation - and you want to be on my fund raising team - do it - here.

After that I'll head of to The City's Bike Rodeo. I've got designs on getting involved in teaching kids safe bike riding - so I'm volunteering for the whole time to see what goes down.

While I'm doing that I won't be attending the second Falls Area Singletrack Leaders Park digging session of 2011. That's from 2 to 5.

Saturday night I'm going to the Storm indoor football game with The Family. That's got nothing to do with bicycles.

Sunday I'll be attending the third Falls Area Singletrack Leaders Park digging session of 2011. That's from 1 to 4.

There done. Oh, except I rode my bike today. Happy bike month!

No comments: