Saturday, September 03, 2005

Big Wigs Make Good News

Tyler Hamilton (no not that Tyler Hamilton) over at the Clean Break blog highlights a Washington Post article reporting that Steve Case (yes that Steve Case) has purchased a controlling share of the Flexcar car sharing company. Lee Iacocca happens to be a director and senior advisor to the company.

A quote attributed to their website says, "If you live in or near the city and you can commute by bus, carpool, bicycle or foot, you can probably save hundreds of dollars a month by relying on Flexcar rather than a personal vehicle for your occasional driving needs." Essentially I've been running my own flexcar company since May. I am the sole owner and customer. Anybody want to buy me out?

2 comments:

nimbleboy said...

I've got an extra $5 sitting around here somewhere...

mytzpyk said...

Do I hear $6?