Monday, September 12, 2005

Report: September 5-11

Trips -
MinusCar: 9
Multi-occupant Auto: 6
Single occupant Auto: 2

One of my single occupant trips this week was a rain induced outing to the brand new Park & Ride Station, where I parked and rode to work. The new bus schedules and rules resulted from the assimilation of this station into the existing transit program.

There are 20-ish free parking spaces available for those who’d like to park/ride. I’m guessing (I think it’s a pretty educated one) the main intent of these spaces is for people who will park and ride the “mall circulator” that circumnavigates what I like to call Shopping Central. It is easy for me to imagine a time when there will be rule changes for these spaces to make it harder for a person like me to park there for 8 or more hours at a time.

There was one other car parked there.

My Car Miles: 13
My Bike Miles/Hours: 73/5

New in September: I’m going to keep track of the miles I ride. By this time next year it would be very cool to say I’d ridden 10,000 miles during the year. I suspect though that I’ll have to settle for something closer to 7,000.

No comments: