Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm Not Saying...I'm Just Saying

Today's high: 24. Today's bike miles: 24. Today's night riding, plenty. It's a good day. Rode east to the bike trail open house. Good turnout. Solid public meeting. It's nice to be able to ask questions.

--

I'm not saying that it's because of all the mornings I trample through their snow, bike in tow, while they look at the crazy biker dude through their windows.

I'm not saying that it's because yesterday I stopped and took a photo of the place where in the mornings I trample through their snow, bike in tow, while they look at the crazy biker dude through their windows.

I'm just saying that yesterday I stopped and took a photo:



And today I stopped and took a photo:



--

I do appreciate The City Public Parking Division's effort to enforce the sidewalk shoveling ordinance. It is a pedestrian and bike issue to not have cleared sidewalks. If you listen closely you might be able to hear the murmur, "nobody walks there so why should I clear it?"

I think it's possible the additional sensitivity to snowy sidewalks produced by an enforcement body's press release, coupled with a user stopping to take a picture, is enough to spur some action.

Or maybe it's just the existence of the law itself (snicker).

1 comment:

Snakebite said...

"You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant
You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant
Walk right in it's around the back
Just a half a mile from the railroad track
You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant"