Monday, January 31, 2011

The MinusCar Is Dead…

Facing a third lifetime trip to the heart of the core of The MinusCar engine to see perhaps, if indeed the block is not cracked, I spent the holiday weekends working out some new wheels of the automotive variety.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Imagine the misunderstandings of the sales people in dealing with a customer who is more interested in how the car will look parked in the garage or on Google Maps parked in the driveway than whether or not the glove box locks and which button makes the rear defrost work.

So I picked a dollar amount and in the end missed by $226.

The MinusCar II Lives…

But this is not the end of the story. As part of the process the car spent the afternoon with The Engine Whisperer and he was able to identify an ever so slight sound emitting from the engine that ought to be fixed because “surely you can find a Pontiac that doesn’t make that sound.” Sure enough, tilting one’s head just so to the left revealed the sound of an unbalanced washing machine two doors down on the other side of the street during the dog days of summer while the neighborhood kids play a humid game of kick the can.

Shhhh…can you hear it? It’s ok. I can wait. Fix it. I’m used to going long periods of time without a car.

But this is not the end of the story. I could describe the exact details of how it transpired that I possessed the car for three weeks without actually paying for it. Or how it transpired that the title of said car was surrendered to me without me actually paying for it. Or about how I was half way across the state and they called to ask if maybe, perhaps, I was ready yet to pay for it.

But I'm not sure those details are appropriate to share. I'm not even going to name the dealer.

Besides, yesterday I wrote the final chapter to make the car mine. I turned this…



Into this…



This is the end of the story. NOW it’s mine.

3 comments:

SD_pedalpower said...

A (non-human powered), form of transportation? I don't understand ;)

Ok - as long as you don't use it.

Spoke-N-Sport said...

LOVE IT!

Glanzer77 said...

What was the name of the salesman, I want to hire him to sell....something. If he can get you to buy a car I can get him to buy....something I'm selling.