Thursday, January 20, 2011

Today. With Pictures!

After yesterday's post, which I'm sure some are STILL wading through, I thought I'd go for something shorter, but with a little over 3,000 words.

I woke up with a choice to make (it's a rental, I loooove it, it has Sirius tuned to Electric Area because that's how I roll in a Dodge Charger)...



I made my choice...



Next time someone complains about scraping car windows - tell 'em you simply blink and the windows are clear.

When work was done the weather looked something like this...



So I stopped at Pomegranate Market to get some frozen confection...



...to put under my coat to help me stay warm.

5 comments:

Snakebite said...

How's Pomegranate? I haven't been there - yet.

mytzpyk said...

It's hard to describe Pomegranate.

It's awesome that there's such a bold move to have a alt.food grocery store with such a significant footprint. The Wedge in MPLS, the Good Food store in Missoula.

Somehow it's a bit less than satisfying to me going in there.

I think a little bit of the intimacy that MeadowSweet had is lost.

...and why the heck is a dude like me crying a little bit about grocery store intimacy.

Bottom line - if I was a co-op customer i'm not sure I'd switch. I'm a meadowsweet customer so I switched.

Snakebite said...

For a biker, Pomegranate isn't in the best location. I'm a Co-op customer and will continue to be. I will check out Pom, though.

Megan said...

I like running to Pomegranate for lunch on occasion - the bistro area has fantastic soups, and they post the daily specials on their website. For my grocery shopping, I'm sticking with the co-op because I love it and it's close to home and Breadsmith. I'm not a Great Harvest fan, personally.

mytzpyk said...

Ha! Megan, you'll think it's funny - every time I see PM post their lunch menu I think - hey, that was Megans idea.