Sunday, July 09, 2006

Dusty Books Follow-up

I was going to keep posting the highlights of the book (I'm Glad I'm a Boy! I'm Glad I'm a Girl!) then along came Sue J wanting to know who the author was. Whitney Darrow Jr is the answer. Apparently WDJ has done a fair bit of work for the New Yorker as a cartoonist.

My final favorite without image:

”Boys fix things. Girls need things fixed.”

Every time I read the book the natural flow begs to be read “Girls break things.”

Back in the box it goes for another 10 years.

1 comment:

SiouxGeonz said...

I kinda liked "anonymous's" comment, too... we can sit on our high horses and think disdainfully at the stereotypes once laughed at . Reckon next generation can do the same (do women do tacky stereotype cartoons? Is that a stereotype?)
But the peas, the peas... that's what it's all about.