Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Had A Really Great Day...

...thanks for asking.

The bank. Pickle Barrel. The Long Range Transportation Plan Open House. The Plain Green 10 Conference de-brief. The Pheasants.

--

On my way to work I got honked at (A FRIENDLY HONK) by a car full of goldfish, if you know what I mean.

--

I heard a rumor that The City had re-painted and re-adjusted many sensor triggered traffic control devices. I happend upon a few of them in my travels today. Put your bike wheels on the circles and the red light will change to green.



--

At the downtown library I found the LRTP Open House. I saw Snakebite. I saw CycleSD. I saw other friendly faces. I saw lots of data. I put my name on the sign in sheet.

Here's one of the most important slides. It's the fourth item that's groundbreaking.



The Local Daily featured the open house. I found a couple names in the article that I recognized.

The full report is available here on the MPO website.

I also got an answer to my question about the upgrade vehicle sensors. That was nice.

--

On to Monk's for the Plain Green Conference 10 de-brief. Mostly I sat and was just happy to be there. Good people to sit and absorb words from.

I'm a little disturbed about the bike parking area outside Monk's.



--

Departed early for the Pheasants game. I found the family car in the parking lot. Locked my bike to it and joined The Family for one beautiful evening of 11-0 good guys win baseball. We even left the stadium one foul ball richer.

Yes, I rode home in the car with The Family.

3 comments:

SiouxGeonz said...

Full of goldfish. Don't know what you mean but I'm having fun imagining: children chomping on goldfish crackers... occupants gaping out the window with mouth-open goldfish-faces. Hmmm... a bunch of Finns? Fishy looking people?

SD_pedalpower said...

Now if you could only tell us why they call them Q-tips?

mytzpyk said...

SDPP - they look like q-tips don't they?