Tuesday, May 04, 2010

May 3 - Ride To Work w/ Me!

Want to know what it's like riding to work in the 31st best place in the country for bike riding? Come on...

Part I


1:12 - sometimes on this corner I see goldfish!
3:22 - was that a sloppy stop or what?
4:21 - here is some shared parking/bike lane.
6:19 - shhh...it's a secret passage...

Part II


1:05 - SAM!
2:15 - traffic is going to pick up now.
2:31 - squirrel!
3:26 - I like me some tailwind downhills.
4:46 - this driver's lane position implies a right turn. Implies being the operative word.
5:00 - ka-thunk, ka-thunk, ka-thunk - busy streets have the biggest bumps.
5:45 - that diesel sound - it's what I sound like at ride lights.
6:00 - I think that bus driver was drag racing me.
8:08 - here I am - now get to work!

9 comments:

bigH said...

That's a great ride.

Bald-n-Surly said...

Would you normally take the trail through Dunham if not for the the construction?

mytzpyk said...

I alternate between three routes pretty regularly. I don't go through Dunham when I'm riding a road bike.

The video shows 49th.

I have a route on 26th.

I am avoiding the Dunham Park south side of Skunk Creek route already because of the 41st bridge work.

The Dunham Park route on the north side of Skunk Creek is still open for my favorite route into downtown (that I learned from you.)

gobucky said...

Did you go through a stop sign there at 2:15?

mytzpyk said...

There's stopping and then there's stopping.

Movement is pronounced on the camera because as I slow for stops the increased side to side act of balancing creates motion on the camera.

True though, I clearly didn't completely foot down stop.

bikingbrady said...

You know I can ride like that all day, but watching this too long makes me a little queasy. I need Dramamine now.

Snakebite said...

"3:22 - was that a sloppy stop or what? Do you remember that email I sent you as a rep for the SD bike coalition advocating a Idaho Stop Law for SD?

Jason said...

riding a bike is much funner than driving a car

Brightcetera said...

As a new commuter, I love seeing how other people's rides go. This was fun to watch. Loved the squirrel! :D
We think *we* have challenges on roadways ...