Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Just In Time Catch and the Race for the Mail

I walked out of work and as I was waiting for the traffic control to allow me to cross the street I could see the bus up the road. I began calculating the necessary risk involved in catching that bus by any means necessary, but everything ended up fine. That’d be a heck of a way to miss a bus though.

If I extend my bus ride on the route I take home it includes a small loop in shopping central. The loop happens to encircle a post office where I frequently go to empty a PO Box. I did that loop recently to test the timing. I would have just about 2 minutes to depart the bus, ride to the post office, get the mail, and ride another block to re-catch the bus. I wonder if the driver would find that annoying. Someday I’m going to try it.

No comments: