Monday, April 21, 2008

Reindeer Games

"Surely the game is rigged. Just as surely, if you don't play, you can't win."

The City broke ground this afternoon on a small piece of bike trail between Dunham Park and the not yet shiny but new Legacy Park.



Word went forth from Snakebite to attend by bike. If I'm anything I'm dutiful...it also fit nicely with my lunchtime plans so I did. thE kErnEl did. The Mayor of Hooterville did. Murph did. The Owner, the FAB Pres and a couple others were there as well.



There were a lot of people there in funny clothes. I think they're called suits. Here is a close up sampling. You can tell it's an important event because the guy in reddish with the video camera got front and center. The suits found the middle tier and I took my pictures from the back row standing on my tip toes. That guy speaking, he's a senator from South Dakota. Apparently this piece of trail was federally funded.



This is the actual breaking of the ground. Uh oh...looks like somebody forgot they were supposed to let The Senator dig up the biggest clod of dirt.



Afterword the esteemed Senator found some people in normal clothes to chat with. thE kErnEl came prepared with FAB-bling gifts which were graciously accepted. He also came with all the right words to say, getting in mention of FAB and the South Dakota Bicycle Coalition as if he does this sort of thing all the time.

1 comment:

Snakebite said...

Remember how windy it was? You could tell who the politicians were. They are the ones who's hair stayed perfectedly still because it was lacquered down.