Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Save Money On Gas!

Go to KSFY TV to listen to great tips on how to save money at the pump. Aaron Maguire will walk you through finding the cheapest gas! How far across town do you have to go for that cheap gas? You could get another credit card and save as much as $0.17 a gallon! You could spend that $0.17 on synthetic oil that will make your car more efficient.

Don't miss this little gem at the end! Anchor Valerie Gutierrez, "I guess this beats riding around on a bicycle." Reporter Aaron Maguire, "It does! I considered that, unfortunately."

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

You could listen to this idiot. He thinks he's saved $6,000 in auto expenses over the past three years...by, uhhh...not going to the pump.

The bicycle is the natural enemy to the impulse buy. Save money at the pump and save money at the convenience store too!

The MinusCar Project and Bill O'Reilly agree, "If American's want lower gas prices cut back. Sell those SUV's. Ride a bike when you can. If everyone of us bought 10% less gasoline prices would fall fast." - 4/21 Talking Points Memo


Sorry if this loops for you. I don't like that either.

8 comments:

bikingbrady said...

You even made the Argus Leader morning email...you're hitting rock star status!

SD_pedalpower said...

People at work today are asking me if I know this person in the Argus today? I stated yes, I know that famous person. Great job Mr. (-), Mr. Advocacy.

mytzpyk said...

SD - you should hear what the guys at work are asking me today.

;-)

bigH said...

At my work, someone asked me if I knew that person on the front page or today's Argus Leader. I allowed that I did.

My boss wants me to audit those seven trips to the pump in 2007.

Others thought that was great to save all that money. I said he does it to save the earth. "That's great, too", they said.

Tez said...

Autograph PLEASE!...great job!

Anonymous said...

And I thought meeting the Senator was the epitomy of celebs!

SiouxGeonz said...

Snork... I was compelled to email the station and tell 'em bikers blog and that lots of people don't think cycling is unfortunate... and that lots of people *do* think lots of US citizens are selfish and slothful and gosh, what do they think those people would think of that report?

Of course, they'll just think it was peachy that they got more publicity...

noelnjen said...

Very nice!

When I hit this post and the video started playing my initial thought was "Wow that's some catchy/progressive background music for an Argus video."

Then I realized I had also fired up some music on www.pandora.com which was the actually source of the catchy/progressive track, Saboteur by Christopher Lawrence.

Maybe I should contact the Argus with some video production tips.