Monday, September 21, 2009

090921 - Brrr...

Today's Transport -
Bike: 16.25

At lunchtime I started out walking but turned back because it was cold, windy and rainy. I was underdressed.

Today was one of those rare days when the temperature drops as the day goes on. That can really catch out an outdoor transportation person. In January if the temp did that it could be plain dangerous.

Today it was just a tad uncomfortably cold as I headed into the wind most of the way home. If this was March I'd have worn tights and a jacket instead of shorts and a t-shirt.

Now is the time to begin to check expected temp at 5pm as I prepare the day's clothing. Can't get away with dressing for 8am assuming it's enough.

I'll probably take a spare jacket back to work this week too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like the entire week is going to be fairly cold. I'm considering a long sleeved shirt and compression gear. I'm not sure how that will work with my nature of profuse sweating, but we'll see!

db said...

It's this time of year that taught me the value of arm- and leg-warmers. They might look a little ridiculous to non-cyclists, but their value is great.

You don't have to carry a jacket or pants, so they save space in your bag or pannier.