Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bridges Of Minnehaha County

Looking at the first photo from today's bicycle adventure reminds me I read something else interesting from the internet local television news. But first the photo...

A piece of bridge disengaged and fell to the ground leaving a six to eight inch gap between bridge walkway and sidewalk. If somebody steps there in the dark it could be very bad news.

Yes. I'll feel really bad about that. I opted to alert the city through their internet complaint/comment tracking system. I opted to not call the police. Hopefully I don't live to regret my choice.

If I do you'll read about it here.

To the news. When I read this article - "Chunk of concrete falls from bridge" I learned that a chunk of concrete had fallen from an entirely different bridge. That our bridges appear to be falling apart is not what I'm highlighting.

This exchange is:

Occasional bike rider - "It [the concrete] was laying out in the middle there so I think most of the people that were riding would probably see it but you know people ride at night so yeah, it could be dangerous."

Director of Public Words responds - "I think I'd probably stop and move it out of the way you know. Probably get it out of the way and take back off."

2 comments:

Eric A. said...

What bridge is that ?
Scary..

mytzpyk said...

West Russell Street.

They say remedial work is complete.

They didn't say whether they had to extract any bodies.