Friday, April 24, 2009

Attention: Local Cyclists Parallel Painted Lines on the Pavement

The Boy 11 reports that remarkably The Officer visited his classroom Thursday. The Boy 11 also reports he merely considered asking Officer Pottebaum about traffic signals that don't change for cyclsts. That's good enough for me.

I have the following report to make. A couple days ago I saw an e-mail addressed to officials within the city. It said something like this:
"I have three lights that never function correctly: 37th and Minnesota, 41st and West Ave, 37th and Kiwanis. I want to report them as non-functioning."
Today I recieved the following e-mail:
"I came through 41 and West, northbound, tonight. There are two parallel painted lines on the pavement. I believe they mark exactly where the sensor is!"
1. any lines you draw between this blog and that paint are your own to draw. There is nothing official that links point a to point b.

2. if you can name a traffic control device that doesn't detect bicycles please, again, I urge you, go to this webpage and report the intersection using their form.

3. if you can't name a traffic control device that doesn't detect bicycles you really should ride your bike. Find one.

2 comments:

Q at the library said...

I saw two guys at 22nd and Kiwanis testing whether the stop light could sense a bicycle. One buy was standing at the power box by the light while the other kept moving the bike around to different places. It was good to see.

Snakebite said...

Well said.

By the way, I like that Boy 11. I think I'll get him a puppy!