Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Sixth Of May

My trainer says she's really thinking hard about how to bike to work once a week. That's awesome! Most people don't even think...then she made me run a mile.

I did a brief telephone interview with a newspaper reporter about Snakebite's Bike To Work Challenge.

The same local daily today printed an article about The City's new pursuit of Bike League Bicycle Friendly Community status. That will be interesting and possibly helpful. I noted the first two public comments attached to the article were about having better sidewalks. Education is a piece of the bicycle friendly community program.

Finally - and certainly not least - I picked up my car from its annual oil change and check-up. I learned my mechanic (and shop owner) of 20+ years, after moving his business a bit closer to home, rides his bike to work now.

He's going to save himself a fortune in car maintenance fees!

No comments: