Sunday, March 14, 2010

Green Drinks With The Next Mayor



The March Sioux Falls Green Drinks event on the 24th has invited all of the mayoral candidates to come and share their views of a sustainable community. There's an opportunity to submit questions ahead of time.

I've submitted mine - "As mayor, how many days a year will you walk, bike or ride the bus to work? Are walking, biking and busing important pieces of the Sioux Falls transportation puzzle?"

I can't wait to go to my first Green Drinks and see if if my question is asked - and maybe even answered.

For the record - our current mayor is quoted in the hot fresh issue of American Bicyclist - "Bicycling is a valuable mode of transportation, and we are committed to finding ways to making our city even more bike-friendly in the future."

March 24, 5pm
Leonardo's Cafe
Free - except drinks.

Sioux Falls Green Drinks is a joint effort of the Astronaut brand studio and the Sioux Falls Green Project.

3 comments:

Snakebite said...

I shall try to attend. Shall I "boo" or "yay" loudly?

Shall we invite all candidates to participate in the Bike 2 Work Challenge?

mytzpyk said...

I like the way you think.

Anonymous said...

At the very least, invite them to Bike 2 Work Day.