Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Kids On the Bus

The Boy 7 and a friend are attending a weeklong experience downtown. It’s a few blocks from the bus station and it was my turn to be useful and take the kids. We used the car to get to my usual bus stop and got on the bus.

The trip was a big hit! Beginning with running around a grassy area while we waited for the bus, continuing with the ride in the big machine, and then finishing with the walk to our destination where we checked out the construction of the new federal building and some road construction. After dropping them off I got on my bike for the rest of the trip to work.

I can’t help but make comparisons between this experience and the more common experiences of getting in a car and being dropped off at the door of the destination.

No comments: