Thursday, July 31, 2008

Caution: Rough Road

I got a post RAGBRAI greeting from WooDog. His parting bit of encouragement - "We are on the right side of history even if it is the wrong side of now."

Yeah.

A couple hours later I was visiting my dentist. After expressing their shock and awe that I wasn't on a bicycle my dentist, where he usually offers the his customary caution that being right on a bicycle still means losing an argument with a car, instead noted that I was way ahead of the curve with the bicycling instead of driving.

Yeah.

Third-ish, the opinions of this officer do not necessarily represent the opinions of the NYPD.

5 comments:

Mr. Gruber said...

If they would just let us ride.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/372948_criticalmass31.html

thE_kErnEl said...

I met Woo Dog on RAGBRAI. He was happily riding his bent and wanted me to say hi to all the Sioux Falls bike bloggers.

Snakebite said...

I wasn't on RAGBRAI but met WooDog's dentist there anyway. The dentist said, "ride hard and floss always." Which I take to heart and will do so from now on - providing "now" means two weeks from today.

Anonymous said...

I read WooDogs comments on Bike Journal regularly. Seems like a really nice guy. Wish I could have met him!

DIRK said...

I think I would like to meet Woo Dog. I bet if I keep riding with thE kErnEl and Snakebite, it may happen. If not I am sure there will be MAYHEM.