Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ever So Close

I attended a meeting this afternoon. I arrived at my destination and began to scan for bike parking. I was coasting and slowing and BAM! - I encountered a rather substantial and wholly unexpected speed bump.

My hands bounced off the handlebar into the air. As they came back down they missed the handlebar, the bridge of my nose caught the stem and I landed in a heap of blood and metal on the parking lot asphalt...

OR...

my hands landed back on the hoods and I was thankfully left with a reminder to pay more attention.

I am so lucky the latter is what actually happened.

4 comments:

bikingbrady said...

And the heart skips a few beats....Crashes stink, near crashes cause minor coronaries...

Anonymous said...

Sir, you have already used up your quota of crashes this year. No more allowed.
For either of you!!!

thE_kErnEl said...

oh, man

DIRK said...

All this talk of crashes scares me. :) The last few years I was lucky, no crashes. This year, one really good crash and a few close calls.