Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Report: December 19-January 1 (two weeks)

Trips -
MinusCar: 8
Multi-occupant Auto: 14
Single occupant Auto: 11

A lot of bus trips and the weather warmed up enough to clear my preferred/safe/short bike route to work. Most single occupant auto trips are part of driving to catch the bus to work.

My Car Miles: 113
My Bike Miles/Hours: 66/6.1

I touched a milestone the week of Christmas. I surpassed 1000 miles on my car since the beginning of this project. I think that translates to 4 maybe 5 tanks of gas since May 26. Honestly that’s more than I wanted.

The above average temperatures melted enough snow to make my short/safer/preferred route to work passable. It’s taken some experimenting still to determine what is rideable. Generally the mornings work well because the nighttime cold freezes the wet gravel hard. One evening on the way home after a day of low 30 temperatures, I found the same gravel stretch to be the consistency of peanut butter. That makes for a tough 2/3 miles.

No comments: