Saturday, June 30, 2007

FAB Snakebite Scavenger Hunt

Here is my route for last weekend’s scavenger hunt. Clicky-click for a larger image.



It’s tough to come up with an efficient route when presented with 15 locations and a time limit (3 hours). My first stop would have been much better placed between stops 9 and 10. It was disappointing to ride by stops 5 and 6 after leaving stop 15.

I’m quite happy with my choices from stop 8 to the end. It was and adventure riding down the Terrace Park landscape on a road bike.

The stretch with 13, 14 and 15 was all against the wind with the clock ticking down. I opted for the flat bike trail instead of hilly Kiwanis Ave between 14 and 15.

I took a big risk going for item 15 but it was a good thing I did. Fetching it gave me 8 points 5 of which I lost for being 5 minutes late. I won the event by 1 point…which could have been the difference of one more red light.

In other news, here’s my latest garden picture. Isn’t it fabulous?

2 comments:

Snakebite said...

Nice route, nice garden!

this single spark said...

Your garden is adorable. And the only one in site...