Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I Have A Face For Radio

3pm Update - It's on. With SFPD. I'm surprised and impressed with my PD.

2pm Update - DJ Andy has postponed to an unspecified date due to a lack of SFPD response to the invite. I recommend tuning in, just in case something changes.

I've been practicing my radio voice all day today. If all goes according to plan I will be speaking with DJ Andy on the air at 5pm Drive Time Wednesday. That's Hot 104.7 on your FM radio dial. This seems like a rather rare opportunity to discuss cycling with a frustrated driver. I guess he got a kick out of my e-mail. He was especially appreciative of the lycra covered asses ending.

An invite has been issued and conversation occured with a specific officer in the police department. Media appearances need departmental approval. I'll be very surprised if the SFPD participates. Sending an officer into a situation as uncontrolled as this seems nuts to me.

If you listen set your expectation dial to low because my late confrontation with a motorist ended with me falling off my bike.

3 comments:

thE_kErnEl said...

sounds like he's chickening out!

mytzpyk said...

Any decision about calling him at 5pm are your own to make.

:)

Snakebite said...

"junk"