Monday, November 06, 2006

Nite Ride!

I joined Thee Double Secret Probation Moonlight Ride Saturday night. What a beautiful night! 40 degrees, barely any wind. Full moon. I rode to the ride and managed 28 miles for the evening. Mr. Bite let me lead. I paced the 13 participants at 13-ish mph and I could tell from the conversation and laughter behind me that I wasn't working everybody hard enough.

The ride departed from Granite City and upon our return there was 110% participation in post-ride appetizers, beverages, and conversation. A beautiful night all around!

Plus! At least two, maybe three other participants actually rode to the ride!

2 comments:

SiouxGeonz said...

Nobody but me went to ours. Might have had something to do with the fact that it was cold and drizzling all day, and the moon only peeped out of the clouds for ten minutes (out of respect for me, I'm sure).
Got me more bike journal miles, though :) :)

Woodog said...

I really enjoy riding at night. Last Thursday was a cold, clear night with a beautiful moon.

Most of our bike club here are fair weather riders, but I think they miss out.