Friday, June 10, 2005

Comments to the Front

I’ve received a few comments from people who’ve already given up their cars. One came from a guy in England where gas is $7/gallon. The Oil is for Sissies guy sent me his regards, and I’ve been reading about his exploits since. Thank you, I very much appreciate the encouragement.

Plenty of chatter centered on the water problem. I think I’m into a groove now where that problem is solved. Someone suggested the Xtracycle but I’ve got my eye on a BOB. But still, at 40lbs I’m not transporting 5 gallons of water any distance by bicycle.

Someone wondered if Kory and the Fireflies wrote the Happy Song. No, that was Janitor Bob and the Armchair Cowboys, a much better band in my opinion. And for a limited time only – gone.

And finally the Fat Cyclist was paying attention to his referrers and found me; and that makes me smile. Fat Cyclist races the Leadville 100 which I’ve had my eye on for many years, but I may never do it because while he’s the Fat Cyclist, I’m the much fatter cyclist. And his Political Compass is scary similar to mine.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I second the Xtracycle - great stuff.

Peace.