Monday, June 20, 2005

From Here to There and Wasted Miles

Saturday was relatively complex and my transportation needs evolved as the day went along. Because of the fluid plans I ended up wasting a few miles on my car. In the morning I thought I was going to need it at my usual bus stop, but by the end of the day I could have left it home.

My dad and I were able to bicycle together to a morning meeting, and then to the annual Festival of Cultures where we met my mom and The Boys. Later The Wife arrived for her work shift at the festival, and The Boys and I were able to use her car for the afternoon, which included a couple stops on the trip home, and then a trip back to the festival to be helpful at the end of her shift.

I was prepared and very close to making my first bus trip with The Boys, but the utility of the car weighed heavy. So my car sat at the bus stop until we all returned home at the end of the day.

No comments: